Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 19th, 2011 07:00

INSPIRON E1505 LAPTOP CRASHED AND BURNED

Hi,

This is kind of a complicated post.  I have an E1505 laptop which I purchased from Dell about 5 years ago.  It has worked well over the period, but a day or so ago the laptop wouldn't load XP to completion, I guess.  Once loaded, which took about 5 minutes, the XP software wouldn't work properly.  After playing with the laptop for several hours, I decided that the software load was corrupted and reloaded the XP O/S.  I reformatted the hard drive to do this.  Unfortunately, I am missing hardware drivers (I think) that I need to get the system to connect to the Internet.  I was hoping to find recovery disks for the laptop, but after 5 years, I could not find any.  Do these disks actually exist?  I am not sure.  If they do, does anyone have any suggestions of how I might find and potentially buy them from Dell or someplace else?  I know this is a little hazy, but I originally purchased the laptop for my daughter for college (she gave it back to me a couple of years ago), and if she has the said disks, with all her moves since college, I fear they have been lost.

Thanks,

Matt

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 19th, 2011 07:00

All of the drivers can be downloaded from support.dell.com.  There is an order that MUST be followed to properly install them.

www.dell.com/.../IdentifySystem

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 19th, 2011 12:00

If you have the XP disc and Media Direct disc follow the guide below.

If in the U.S. you might be able to request backup discs there is an online form (link in the guide).

Drivers can be downloaded, as explained in the guide.

If installed without the media direct disc then you need to ensure no-one presses the Media Direct button by mistake.

2.4K Posts

September 19th, 2011 15:00

support.dell.com/.../index.aspx

Here and enter service tag.

4 Posts

September 19th, 2011 16:00

Thanks for your help.  Back up and operational.

4 Posts

Thanks for your help.  Back up and operational.

4 Posts

Thanks for your advice.  Back up.

No Events found!