Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 22nd, 2012 09:00

Inspirion 17R SE 7720

Hello,

I bought that mighty notebook.

Because have 3D technology I bought 3D Blu-Ray movie, but when I start it, there is problem with blinking... in upper 1/4 of display blink 2 small displays - but there is only that blinking broblem, otherways movie id in 3D

I download new GeForce driver, but there is still same problem, in testing 3D everithing is OK, but during movie comes that blinking...

...may be I have some bad settings, but I do not know

October 25th, 2012 05:00

Hello,

sorry for my late answer, but I was travelling.

I was try everything but result is same.

Just to clear, with Cyber Link I have 3D effect, I can play HD BluRay, but there are on upper prats 2 small blinking windows, which harm my eyes... but in rest of picture was nice 3D effect

Finally is it not by DELL computer (I hope so), it should be software problem, because I download Total Media Theatre 15 day trial and problem was gone and I watch full movie in 3D.

...so now I am thinking to buy it, I am only afraid, that  problem could be somewhere else and even I will buy new software, I will have same problem (...I have Cyber Link which I got with notebook which is nice and I am so sure, that 3D movie I will not watch every day)

October 22nd, 2012 11:00

Hi Peter,

Have you tried installing the GeForce R304 (version 306.97) driver?
If you have installed a different driver version , please share the version details:

• Go to 'Device Manager' and expand 'Display Adapters'.
  • Right-click the driver and select 'Properties'; click 'Driver' tab and share the driver version.

If not, prior to installing the driver, update the BIOS from this link: http://dell.to/RQ4D9W.
Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:

• No external devices (printer, USB drive, SD card, DVD) should be connected.
  • All other programs should be closed and documents saved.
  • The AC adapter and battery should be connected during this process. The battery should be 10% or more than 10% charged.  
Also, have you tried a different 3D BluRay movie? Which video player are you using?
Try this video player:  http://bit.ly/Se2irR and observe the display.

Hope this helps.
Keep me posted with the status. 

October 22nd, 2012 13:00

Hello,

thanks for answer.

I have installed latest driver 306.97, I already update bios, but nothing happends.

I try Nvidia player, but I can not start BluRay movie from it.

I use Cyber Link PowerDVD 9.6

I have still same problems, I will try to buy new 3D movie and check it again.

For a moment thank you

373 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 14:00

Is Cyberkink 9.6 version free?

if yes, you will have problems to execute BluRay film. In this case, find another codec that run video BluRay.

October 22nd, 2012 16:00

I got CyberLink Power DVD with notebook...

373 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 21:00

Sorry, I wanna say software unpaid, free. This version is limited on watch movie on BluRay

October 25th, 2012 23:00

I will not buy for a moment new software, I will try to search why it does not work, I did not buy this notebook for 3D

...anyway AutoCAD, work with photos and so is amazing, quick!

yesterday I try world of warcraft in 3D - look so cute, but I will not play it in 3D every time :)

October 26th, 2012 13:00

...so definitely is not a problem of HW or software, this problem should come from Nvidia latest driver... if I will solve it, I will write it here, what I did

October 26th, 2012 14:00

...so it was driver fault, I completly deleted driver and install newst beta version and is 100%

October 26th, 2012 15:00

Thank you for the response.

I appreciate your technical expertise. I am glad that the issue is resolved.

Please revert for any further queries. 

3.8K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 07:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                          

No Events found!