Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2011 07:00

Inspiron 1150 Drivers, XP, Reinstall OS,

Hey all, I have a perfectly fine dell inspiron 1150 That i used through college, I want to restore the os on it so it can be connected to my TV for web surfing and to play movies ect.  I have the original disc with SP2 on it to install the OS. The drivers disk was scratched beyond repair though.  I dont want to reinstall the operating system if im going to have major issues getting my drivers up and running. I have a drivers disk for a dell dimension 4600 desktop? Should I burn the drivers to DVD that I need. if so which ones are absoutley necessary and what steps should I take. 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 29th, 2011 09:00

Go to www.support.dell.com  You can access the Drivers Downloads by the Service Tag number.  That should only show what drivers are applicable to that PC, as it was shipped.  You can download whatever you need and burn them to a disc.

The drivers for the 4600 are not compatible. 

The install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) On applicable systems install Dell Laptop or Desktop Support Software (3) Install motherboard chipset drivers (4) Install Device Drivers including Video, Dell sound drivers, and whatever else device drivers are needed.

32 Posts

November 4th, 2011 16:00

Do I have to burn them to different discs or can I put them on one disc. Could I also put them on USB stick?

2.7K Posts

November 4th, 2011 22:00

Yes a usb stick would be better !

Good Luck

32 Posts

November 5th, 2011 14:00

Alright, I downloaded the drivers I am going to load them on a USB stick.  After I do this how do I proceed to load them on the computer F? and boot from disk??

2.7K Posts

November 5th, 2011 20:00

Hi

when you are in windows you go to the drive then you click on the driver you need.

on need to boot to the drive.

Good Luck 

No Events found!