Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2013 18:00

Inspiron 15 3520 System restore from backup partition?

Is there a backup partition on the Inspiron 15 3520?  It is running windows 8.  I have not been able to find a way to access any sort of restore option.  Any ideas?

2.6K Posts

January 21st, 2013 19:00

Hello Oogilily,

In order to assist you further, I would request you to help me understand if you are talking about System Restore (restoring the computer to an earlier date or tome) or PC Restore (taking the computer to its factory image)?

Dell Backup and Recovery Application will replace DataSafe Local 2.x on consumer and vostro platforms and Dell Backup and Recovery Manager (DBRM) on commercial platforms. There are four ways to open the Dell Backup and Recovery Application:

1. Point to the right of the screen and when the charms bar comes up, click 
    Search then type in Dell Backup and Recovery. 
    Click Dell Backup and Recovery.
  2. Press the Windows Start button; click the Dell Backup and Recovery tile.
  3. Right- click on the Start screen, click All Apps and then click 
    the Dell Backup and Recovery tile.
  4. Open the My Dell Support Center tile from the Start screen and 
    click Backup. Click Launch Recovery Tool.

Please refer the following articles for more details:
-- Dell Backup and Recovery.
-- How to Restore, Refresh or Reset your Computer.

Please write back for further questions. 

2.6K Posts

January 24th, 2013 02:00

Hi Oogilily,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

1 Message

September 27th, 2014 07:00

I have a dell inspiron 3520 and need to so a system restore to factory . it came with windows 8 and I cant get to boot options or recovery restore to come up. it just continues to boot into windows

ctrl + f11 dont work, f12 i get bios , f2 bios also. shift + f8 get system test

f8 alone nothing

please help

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 27th, 2014 09:00

Windows 8 restore can be done two ways:

If you have prepared a recovery flash drive or set of DVDs, boot the system from that device (how, depends on the model you have and how it's set up), or

Open the Dell Backup and Recovery utility under Windows and follow the recovery prompts (or make the media described above and follow that process).

1 Message

September 11th, 2015 17:00

I have same system and same problem. Contacting Dell did no good, as they saw my problem as a potential sale. And only support they were willing to offer, was to sell me a new system. Breaks my heart. Have loved Dell machines for years. But no future system I own will have a Dell logo.

No Events found!