Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2011 13:00

Inspiron 1721 Goes into sleep mode while typing

My Dell Inspiron 1721 has developed a really fun problem. While typing (on the left side of the keyboard) the computer goes into sleep mode. I went into the control panel and changed the settings so it never goes into sleep mode. So now it flashes to a black screen and the cycles back to the screen that I was on. Figuring that this had to be a keyboard problem I ordered and installed a new keyboard. No change! One suggestion was to disable in the Bios any setting that would put the computer into sleep mode. I did not  find any setting that would change the sleep mode. So that was no help. Anyone have any thoughts??

2 Posts

March 19th, 2011 12:00

Royan

Thanks for the information.

I followed your link and updated the BIOS.

My gremlin persists!! It is just like you said a really strange problem. Thanks for trying!! 

1 Message

March 22nd, 2012 18:00

interesting as i have the same problem with my Inspiron N5110, any suggestions?

1 Message

October 22nd, 2012 21:00

I also have the same problem with my N5110 laptop screen fading to black even while I am typing.  Sometimes it doesn't happen for days then it will occur 10 times in 15 minutes.  At t he suggestion of Dell Support  I have downloaded BIOS and Quickest, with neither fixing the problem.  Any suggestions before I initiate a formal service request?  PS The screen went black 5 times while typing this!  HELP !

373 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 22:00

if you type with external keyboard, is there any problem?

No Events found!