Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2013 08:00

Inspiron 17R 5720 3D issues

I saved up for a very long time so I could get my laptop and to be able to use it's 3D capabilities. I was told to buy a Nvidia Glasses kit in order to use the 3D. Which I did. Now, in order to get any kind of answers, Dell wants me to pay $200something. Honestly, I feel like they should be straight forward and answer questions clearly about their own products with out charging an arm and a leg. I'll tell you what though, they wont be getting one more red cent from me. I'll never buy from Dell again. This is ridiculous, there's no reason it should be this difficult! 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 5th, 2013 08:00

This is a user to user forum with volunteers. Ask a question here and maybe another user can help. We can't help without knowing any facts. Tell us the specs of your computer. Not all 17R 5760 models have 3D and if it does have 3D, the glasses are included. See this: www.dell.com/.../fs Is yours the special edition model like the $1300 one shown?

4 Posts

April 5th, 2013 14:00

Its an Inspiron 17 5720 not 5760. It definitely is 3D capable and it certainly didn't come with the 3D glasses. It's has a Intel(R) HD Graphic 4000. 64-bit operating system. Windows 7. Anything else specifically you want to about it? If you could help and explain to me if Nvidia 3D vision kit 2 is compatible with my computer, if so how to get it to work OR if not, what I need in order to use 3D on my system I'd be -very- greatful!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 6th, 2013 04:00

The 5720 is not 3D capable.  The option for 3D does exist for the higher-end 7720 model, though.

4 Posts

April 6th, 2013 12:00

When I bought this computer, they said it was 3D capable. And when I called Dell to talk to them about it, they said it is 3D capable. And it does have a setting for 3D capability on it. So all signs point to this specific model having the capability. :/  Unless Dell has been B.S.ing me from the get go...

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 6th, 2013 14:00

If it's 3D capable, that would have to be with an external monitor - because the internal panel is NOT 3D capable.

No Events found!