Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2015 11:00

Inspiron 17r 7720 SE Fan Fix/Replacement

Which is the more suitable fan replacement for my laptop?  DFS601305FQ0T FB6N or MF75120V1-C100-G99

The laptop is not in warranty.

I recently cleaned my CPU fan with compressed air after my laptop kept overheating during any sort of usage. Midway through I attempted to take my fan out to do a more thorough job, however for some inexplicable reason it seemed to be stuck, and despite me removing all screws/wires I couldn't remove it. I gave up taking it out and worked around that. When I finished, it seemed to be working a lot better as my laptop no longer overheated. I believe I damaged the fan when doing so though, as since then it makes a loud whirring noise and my laptop vibrates when it's spinning. I would normally open the laptop up and try to reseat it to see if it helps but I've got a stripped screw and can't get access to it. As such I'll be taking it to a computer/laptop repair shop and hope they can open it up. That's a journey for me though, and I want to make sure I've got the right part to replace the fan there and then if it can't just be reseated. If anyone has some other advice that'd be welcome.

2.4K Posts

Look here.

9 Posts

Look here.

I refer you to:

I've got a stripped screw and can't get access to it.
and that I followed this guide for the first time, only I couldn't remove the fan.

Nevertheless, I suppose I'll get the DFS601305FQ0T as shown in the images. 

2.4K Posts

February 24th, 2015 12:00

It may be stripped because you used to small of a screw driver. Try a bigger screw driver to see it it can get a better grip on it and slowly try to remove it.

No Events found!