Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

April 10th, 2016 12:00

Inspiron 5555 monitor lines

I recently purchased an Inspiron 5555 laptop. Since day 1 when I wake it up the screen is covered in lines, it also happens throughout my use.  At times the screen will go black and I have to hit it to come back.  I can plug it into another source and that works fine but I have a laptop so I could work remotely. I tried returning within a couple weeks of buying but it took so long to get a response that the return time expired.

How can I get the screen to work on this  dell that I bought?  And don't give me the customer service phone number.  I don't have the hours to waste sitting on the phone.  I bought a new computer because I didn't have time for problems. Guess I should have bought something other than a Dell.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 11th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly private message the service tag.

We would suggest you to update the BIOS ,reinstall the chipset  and video drivers.

We also need to check if the system has been shipped with graphics card and if it has been then update the graphics drivers as well.

We would so request you to run the LCD BIST to check if there is a problem with the LCD .

If you can also private message pictures if the issue as well.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!