Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

April 29th, 2007 00:00

Inspiron 9200- No USB 2.0

Hello,

I have an Inspiron 9200.  Recently the USB ports all stopped working out of no where.  I reinstalled Windows XP pro and eveything seemed to go back to normal.  I was only using USB for the mouse and printer at the time.  I recently got a GPS that requires USB 2.0 and discovered that all my USB ports are apparently 1.1 now.  I tried reinstalling Windows again, to no avail.  I tried forcing the USB2 and USB 2.0 Enhanced drivers on the contollers, but it wouldn't take.  I also tried flashing back to the A00 bios, but that did nothing, so I went back to the A01.  I have four total controllers showing up in my Device Manager, one of which is detecting as USB 2.0, however, it doesn't seem to be attached to any of the ports.  The other three are all just USB.

This is what device manager is currently showing:

Intel(R) 8280 1DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
Intel(R) 8280 1DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
Intel(R) 8280 1DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
Intel(R) 8280 1DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

If I remove everything except the USB 2.0 one, none of the ports work, so I'm not sure what that is connecting to.

My guess is that there is some way to configure the ports as enhanced, but I didn't see it in the BIOS.

I'm also thinking that if something is physically wrong (something being shot/fried/etc) then the ports would not work at all?

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it!
No Responses!
No Events found!