Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2009 11:00

Inspiron 9300 Diagnostic Error: 3700: 011B

My fan on my computer tends to run really high and when I did a diagnostics test it said the following:

ERROR 1: 3700: 011B

MSG: Expected fan on high RPM of 3700. Detected fan RPM=0. Please contact a technician for technical support.

This messge then led me here. I typed in this error into google and results stated that it is a video fan error. The fan runs really high when watching videos, even after restarting and playing a short YouTube video sometimes makes the fan start running really high.

What do I do to fix this?

Thanks!

319 Posts

April 24th, 2009 20:00

Replace the fan.  http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=2642

Thr service manual explains how: 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

3 Posts

July 25th, 2009 12:00

I'm having the same issue with my Insp. 9300. How did you fix the issue? The fan is still working, so is the only issue that its spinning too fast? My laptop will shut down randomly without warning....as if it looses power. I think this may be due to over heating issue but will the new fan solve this problem or is it a motherboard issue or something else? I also get the DST 1000-0146 which I think leads to hard drive failure or issue but I dont have any problems with the hard drive at all. Computer boots fine and runs fine, its just every once in a while it will shut off, sometimes it will go days without doing it. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Message

January 6th, 2010 20:00

I have been having the same problem for a few months and it is slowing down my computer big time.  Tonight I opened up the computer and removed the video fan and used a Duster spray can to blow off all the dust and clean out the very clogged vents.  I am a total novice at this stuff, but after I was done, the video fan passed the test and my computer is pretty much back on track (as much as a 5+ year computer can be).  Try blowing out the dust like what was already suggested before you buy.

No Events found!