Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2010 00:00

Inspiron B130 battery problems

My laptop works fine when plugged in, but it will not come on when it is unplugged.  The Power Meter shows that the battery is 100% charged.  I would appreciate any help as to get the darn thing to work on battery power so that I can use it when I travel.  Should I just replace the battery?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 15th, 2010 04:00

If the battery is fully charged and remains charged, but the system won't power on or stay on with just the battery, the problem is the mainboard, not the battery.

February 15th, 2010 07:00

Thanks for the information.  Should I scrap my laptop, or is the problem worth fixing?

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 22:00

I have the same problem. After seeing the poor reviews of the Dell replacement battery, I purchased from another company. Although performance was poor with the previous battery, the laptop would run for a short time. Hopefully someone has advice to your question...replace or repair the laptop. Everything else about it is great.

2 Posts

July 20th, 2010 21:00

I am answering my own question as the problem was solved. While trying to obtain a 3rd battery replacement, they told me they had a bad batch. I was convinced because I went through the bios testing when you first power up. The computer passed on everything until the battery test said to disconnect the power supply. It died every time. If it happens to you on a replacement battery, do the same and get a replacement if necessary.

No Events found!