Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2011 17:00

Insprion 1545 Battery!

I have an Inspiron 1545. This is a new laptop which just a year and about a month old. The battery meter just says my 6-cell battery is experiencing a permanent failure and I need to replace it. The battery is 100% charged but still it doesn't work without the adapter. This is my second Dell laptop, the 1st one was also an Insprion and had problem with battery after 1 year ( the battery only last 15m after fully charged). It has a big impact on me. First thing is I am a student and I can't afford to buy new battery every year. Second is that the battery went off without any notice during lecture time causing me to lose all my work. I do have knowledge about battery life since my friend is an engineer. I know battery can't last forever but this is just so below standard. Other laptop brands such as HP, Apple have batteries last at least 2 years. The reason I'm posting this is to ask if this is the issue with Dell Insprion (surely you can tell from above that I don't have good experience with Dell Insprion). If so, Dell surely need to look at it, and I will for sure not recommend anyone to buy Dell. Second is reason is that please please please if there is anything you can help me to fix it without costing too much like this,  I would very appreciate. A student budget can't afford to pay over $100 for a battery. 

For now, I'm very disappointed, if I ever have to buy another laptop, I don't think I will chose Dell!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 25th, 2011 18:00

While batteries should last more than a year, they're never warranted for longer than that, so after 12 months, replacement is at your expense.  The situation is the same with Apple or HP as with Dell - NO ONE warrants batteries for more than a year.

2 Posts

I wouldn't think so, my sister has an HP and her battery still works fine after 3 years!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

The battery in my Dell Latitude D800 will still power the system for about 45 minutes after almost seven years.  Doesn't matter -- some batteries last a long time, while others don't.  The warranty is 12 months.

With the next one, use the replacement when needed - if you mostly run the system on AC power, remove the battery or use the old one.  

No matter what you think, if you want to solve the problem, you'll be buying a battery.

May 25th, 2011 21:00

Speaking Technically every Batery woul hold Charge only upto a maximum of 300 Charge Cycles (for Inspiron and Studio)....   That means 100%Charging and 100%discharging for one time is called one charge cycle...

No Events found!