Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2011 20:00

Integrated Webcam Driver for Windows 7, 64 Bit

Greetings:

I completed a clean install from Vista to Win 7 on my Dell XPS M1330. I need to download a new driver for the integrated webcam and would like to request advice about which driver/software to download to enable the webcam. One addiittonal piece of information: the system has a 64 bit processor.

Thanks,

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 16th, 2011 16:00

The Windows 7 webcam manager software may be downloaded from the following link.

The actual driver itself from this link

Here is a link to a Webcam troubleshooter if you continue to have problems.

TB

1 Message

November 9th, 2011 11:00

Unfortunately the driver did not work for me.  The webcam managing software installed just fine but I still have no webcam for Windows 7 64-bit.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 9th, 2011 18:00

kcolwill,

Was your computer upgraded to Windows 7?

Rick

5 Posts

November 13th, 2011 07:00

I have a Dell 1737 with Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit.

1)  I installed and ran Driver genius Pro (It installed many new drivers and all works well !!!)

2)  Try updating to the latest BIOS in the Dell site

1 Message

February 29th, 2012 23:00

i have a Dell Inspiron 15R N5110  and The webcam doesn't work it require's some driver so i download some driver for integrated webcam and i run the program my point is how can i Have e webcam central in my laptop        LAPTOP INFO :

windows 7 64 bit

inspiron 15R N5110

Please im begging for a help!

Some One volunteer's ill thank them so much ^_^

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 1st, 2012 01:00

awdawd,

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

If you cannot get it to work, then read THIS.

Rick

4.4K Posts

March 1st, 2012 01:00

Hi awdawd,

Welcome to the Community.If your system came with Webcam Central application,you can download it from My Dell Downloads.Once you login to My Dell Downloads and register your system it will show you, the list of software's which came along with the system.

You can use the link below to access My Dell Downloads page:

smartsource.dell.com/.../Welcome.aspx

If you have not created a Dell online account,you can create one and proceed with the on screen instruction on the above page.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Roshan.  

1 Message

June 13th, 2012 11:00

need driver webcam

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 13th, 2012 15:00

shady87,

Windows 7 is supposed to provide the drivers for the webcam, except for some XPS models.

Try reading...

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

2 Posts

July 15th, 2012 16:00

please help me with this.

Unfortunately the driver did not work for me.  The webcam managing software installed just fine but I still have no webcam for Windows 7 64-bit.

2 Posts

July 15th, 2012 16:00

Than you Terry. I'll try this. Have a great day.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 16th, 2012 10:00

dawnylee,

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Any error messages?

Rick

1 Message

August 4th, 2012 02:00

please i request you important software for my  computer because some of the important soft wares from the manufacturer get lost when i formatted my computer inclusive webcam software was lost,last i do request all important soft wares for my computer to function properly and efficiently

on buying the computer i was given the cd drive but when i tried to reinstall some of  the important soft wares were not found in that cd drive the very difficulty and impossible to access those important lost as i said before.thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 4th, 2012 03:00

waitu,

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Any error messages?

Please use Internet Explorer(32-bit) when navigating to My Dell Downloads :: Login. Use the same email address and password you use here. Click on add system. Your paid programs can be found there.

***Systems purchased befor April 1, 2010 might NOT register with Dell My Downloads***

Rick

4 Posts

January 1st, 2013 20:00

Hello.

I've been reading all of the community posts and I am still having trouble downloading the webcam driver. I have a  dell inspirion, windows7, 64bit.  I've spent countless hours and money with dell support and the best they could  was tell me to pay  more.  When I open Webcam Center is states "no supported webcam driver detected."  I tried all of the links above but the pages no  longer exist?

I've ran diagnostics, system restore, the CD does not list a driver, updated BIOS....

Please help. I don't know what else  I  can do.

Thanks!!

No Events found!