Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2011 09:00

Latitude D610- Wireless switch

I have been browsing the internet just fine, my husband moved our router and cable modem last night to a different room to get them out of our main living room, and this morning when I went on, my wireless switch is turned off. 

I have been searching and searching on how to turn it back on but have not found it anywhere.  I opened the online user guide but couldn't find it in there, which category is it under or does anyone know where it is located and how to turn it on!!??

Thanks,

Shannon

3.8K Posts

August 18th, 2011 10:00

Hi Shayjay13,

Welcome to the Community. There is not wireless switch on this model. To turn on your wireless you will need to hold down FN + F2. If this does not turn on your wireless its most probably disabled in the Bios. To enable it, press the F2 key at the Dell Logo on startup, move down to wireless, press enter and move to wireless control, make sure its set to Fn+F2/App, then move down to wireless devices and make sure it set to on. Press Esc, and save changes and exit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

August 22nd, 2014 11:00

Wow - this was driving me nuts.  Somehow my pet pigeon Poopzilla managed to get into the BIOS and shut down the wireless option.  I've been trying to resolve this for nearly a week and your suggestion was just what was needed!

1 Message

May 18th, 2013 19:00

Had this same problem but I Did everything you said and I can't get to the point are I can use my mobile hot spot to browser the Internet. You know how you can usually click on that service button and it would tell you the connections you have and Thier strength? I need to get to that but for some reason there is nothing I can click on to see my connections and choose which one I would like to use. 

1 Message

May 25th, 2013 12:00

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM,HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING ACCESS POINTS CONNECTIONS AN STRENGTHS TO CLICK ON..HAS ANYONE FOUND THE SOLUTION AS OF 5-25-13?

1 Message

April 1st, 2014 12:00

thanks alot.. solved my problem :)

August 22nd, 2014 12:00

Wow - this was driving me nuts.  Somehow my pet pigeon Poopzilla (who regularly sabotages my laptop by clomping around on the keyboard when I'm not around) managed to get into the BIOS and shut down the wireless option.  I've been trying to resolve this for nearly a week and your suggestion was just what was needed!

No Events found!