Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 22nd, 2011 03:00

Latitude E6520 built-in mic not working

I have a Latitude E6520 and the built-in mic array (there appear to be two mics either side of the integrated webcam, but correct me if I'm wrong) does not work.

I'm not even sure that it's showing up in the recording devices - what would it be called?

At the moment I have the following:

I don't have a dock, which is I assume why the Dock Mic doesn't work?

Even with iPhone earbuds plugged in (which have a mic in-line), the Jack Mic remains "Currently unavailable".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 22nd, 2011 06:00

Rick, don't know if it will help but this Dell article has a bit about the internal mic.

If that doesn't help, right click in the Recording tab and select disabled/disconnected devices and see if the mic array is hidden there.

11 Posts

September 22nd, 2011 05:00

OK, so I reinstalled the IDT driver and this has got the Jack Mic working fine with iPhone earbuds.

Still won't work on the internal mic though... any thoughts gratefully recieved.

Thanks
Rick

11 Posts

September 22nd, 2011 06:00

Jim, you got it one with the "select disabled/disconnected devices". Enabled it and now working a treat.

Thanks for your help, great stuff.

Cheers
Rick

1 Message

April 17th, 2012 07:00

Thanks for the right click suggestion.  Without that the array was not visible.  with the right click it showed the hidden mic array, selected this and viola!

Thanks again

No Events found!