Highlighted
BSbguse
Silver

Limited access issue after starting a torrent client.

Hello,

Before 5 months I bought a laptop Inspiron N5110 with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 bluetooth card. So since then I have one very annoying problem. I've searched in Google before but with no results because noone has exactly my problem. The problem is that my internet connection stops, I disconnect from Skype and can't surf in internet. In the right bottom angle of the screen where is the signal strenght indicator appears ! sign in yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot it fixes the connection for a few minutes and says "Deafault gateway not found". And here is the unique thing in my problem-it happens when I start a torrent client. Every time when I have to download something I stay non-stop on the computer and reset the dying internet connection every two minutes.

Please help me because I'm very miserable and become to lose hope and will!

0 Kudos
80 Replies
BSbguse
Silver

Re: Limited access issue after starting a torrent client.

Is this your forum support and help?!?

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

If the problem isn't present when your torrent client is shut off, either keep it shut off or try a different one.

0 Kudos
BSbguse
Silver

I can't keep it shut off beacuse I have to download 28 GB game and it must be on a lo of time in order to download the game.

0 Kudos
BSbguse
Silver

So, will I receive any helpful answer? This thing bagan to happen without the torrent client!

0 Kudos
BSbguse
Silver

I found out that it might be from my router. Every time when I download or upload this problem happens. It also happens on PvP matches in the games and that makes me to think that the router, maybe, can't process all this information and the '!' pops up. If there are any solutions of this, please reply.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Welcome to the Dell community Rgnarokkk,

Please Try Upgrading the Firmware of the Router once and Revert back

Anish

Certified Dell community Professional

0 Kudos
BSbguse
Silver

Thank you Anish,

A few minutes before my yesterday post I updated the firmware, so, now I'm testing it.

0 Kudos
BSbguse
Silver

The problem is still here. After about 15 minutes of PvP it kicks me and says limited access. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Hey Rgnarokkk,

It says Limited access Which means you have APIPA IP address which indicates you have 169.x.x.x IP address which will not allow you to connect to the Internet.

This is the first thing which you have to do when you have APIPA IP address.

1) Turn off all the Devices (Computer, Router, Modem {If you have any}, )

2) Make sure all the devices are disconnected and the Router/modem has to be completely turned off and no cables shud't be connected.

3) Then Turn the Devices in this sequence First turn on the Modem then wait for the lights to come up, then turn on the Router and wait for the lights to come up, then turn on the computer.

4) Once the devices is turned On try Establishing the Connection and then Connect and Revert back.

If that does not work.

Disable all the Devices from the Startup and also in the services.

While doing so. please check the Box which says Hide All Microsoft services

Revert back if any of the steps is working

Anish

Certified Dell community Professional

0 Kudos