Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2011 01:00

Modem hardware not detected

I've been connecting to the internet through wi-fi on my Inspiron 1545 for more than a year now. Recently, I got an Tata Photon data card (India product) but I couldn't connect to the internet because although the device is recognised and also shows full connectivity, on trying to connect I get a "Modem not found" error. Since then, I can't connect on wi-fi or through LAN cable either.

I tried updating drivers through the CD I got when I bought my laptop - but the diagnostics gives me a "Modem Hardware not detected" error. Instructions told me to re-seat the modem but I can't seem to find instructions on how to do this for an Inspiron 1545.

Any ideas why I can't connect to the internet? The laptop doesn't have any other problems.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

May 3rd, 2011 08:00

the drivers on the Dell CD is for a dial-up modem

you should install drivers and software for the Tata Photo

3 Posts

May 4th, 2011 01:00

But I can't connect to the internet using my regular broadband service either - using wifi or cable. I can't even connect to my mobile phone's data plan. Effectively, my computer cannot connect to the internet in any way.

Ipconfig command returns a "Media disconnected" reply. Any idea what that might mean? I'm trying to find the reply on google; although there are a lot of options listed, I haven't found anything that seems to work.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

May 4th, 2011 08:00

You can try to do a System Restore to a previous date before you tried installing that card.

3 Posts

May 5th, 2011 03:00

Yesterday I changed some of the access settings on my wi-fi router and I could connect to the internet again. Ipconfig still showed a 'media disconnected message' so I tried the winsock reset commands that I got on some other page and restarted the comp as per directions. And now I can't connect to the internet again - it picks up the wi-fi connection but shows a "limited access" error. Now I'm really confused about where the problem is.

Can't do a system restore because there aren't any saved points.

1 Message

June 10th, 2014 07:00

I am also having the same issue. I am not able to connect to the internet through my datacard. It was working fine till a month back. But then it suddenly stopped working. Whenever I connect my datacard it shows an error message saying "Device driver software was not properly installed". But I am able to connect to internet through wifi. If you found any answer please let me know.

No Events found!