Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

P

3 Posts

September 19th, 2008 07:00

Mouse/Keyboard stall problem

I recently bought a M1530 laptop, planning on using it for school and a little gaming. So i fired it up and tried out a few games being that it is summer. It runs really well holding a near 60fps on most main stream games including Wow and Cs:s but it does seem to have one problem I can't seem to find an answer any where. While having any game open the mouse and key board seem to freeze very often (about every minute or so). When this occurs the game continues to run perfectly( everything continues on in the game like normal I just can't input anything), except the fact the computer doesn't react to any thing I do and only last a few seconds and once the stall ends everything I've done in the short time happens all at once.

I know its not the Game, I've tried a lot of different games and reinstalling them, and also the fact the fps never goes below 60 even during the "stall". Also I've tried multiple different mouse's but I don't think this is the problem at all either due to the fact the keyboard stalls as well. I've already had to reinstall my sound driver due to it being corrupt, so I'm thinking this may be driver related as well but i don't even know which driver could possibly be causing this.

So if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

4.6K Posts

September 19th, 2008 09:00

Welcocme to the forums :smileyahppy:

It sounds like something is happening in the background - i.e. a program checking for updates?
Do you close all programs/background processes before you start playing games?  It's advisable to do so, if you don't ;)

3 Posts

September 19th, 2008 19:00

I always close most programs, I tried closing a more extensive list of things but still no luck =(
No Events found!