Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2012 04:00

Mouse Pointer Ghosting on Dell Studio 1747 with Windows 8

After installing Windows 8 on on my Dell Studio 1747, I had the mouse pointer ghosting too. It was driving me crazy since the mouse pointer was jumping around and clicking randomly somewhere on the screen and closing windows. Even when I was typing text, the mouse cursor left focus and moved around the screen. After checking different solutions, the following solution finally resolved the problem. (The problem is located within the touch screen driver, not within the touch pad.)

• First, I tried to update the N-Trig Duo Sense Driver within the Device Manager. Didn't really help. Still errors in the device manager.
  • Then, I got the N-Trig Driver from the Dell Downlaod Center N-Trig-Driver (1.26.8.36): www.dell.com/.../studio-1747 - didn't really help neither.
  • After that, I went to the n-trig.com homepage to get the latest Win8 drivers: http://www.n-trig.com/Content.aspx?Page=Downloads_Drivers - Installation went well, and no more yellow errors in the device manager. But it didn't resolve the issue neither.
  • FINALLY, I opened the NtrigMTMCalib Application in the downloaded n-trig driver folder Win8_Driver_x64_v2\NtrigMTMCalibW8G3.5 and this resolved the mouse pointer ghosting issue on my Dell Studio 1747. See here the screenshots of the calibration procedure:

I hope this helps.  

(You also might want to update your BIOS and graphic card driver which can be found in the Dell Driver & Download section: www.dell.com/.../studio-1747 )

Best,

Ian

No Responses!
No Events found!