Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2012 17:00

Mousepad buttons AND external mouse buttons not working!

I know nothing about computers.

A couple of weeks ago my touchpad buttons stopped working. Initially the left button stopped working and a few minutes later the right one stopped working! The mouse itself works and I can click using that touchpad but buttons won't work, period. I have been using an external mouse since and everything was 100% FINE. Then yesterday my left button on the external mouse stopped working and only the right one works. The mouse itself works fine but the button doesn't work!

I've tried restoring to a much earlier date, I've troubleshooted and I've done diagnostics or whatever they offer on Dell to "Fix It". Nothing has worked, I'm at my wits end and honestly cannot afford to take it to get fixed. The warranty literally just ran out and I'm a graphic artist and needless to say I'm very frustrated. Please help!

June 8th, 2012 20:00

Hi  tanyap603,

Welcome to the community,

In this case have you tried to use another mouse to check if the other mouse works fine?  Also the issue with the touchpad could be related to the drivers of the inbuilt touchpad.

Please add me as friend and PM the service tag of the computer so that I can check if the driver update for the touchpad is needed.

Let me know of the findings, Glad to be of assistance.

Pankaj_Sharma

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

No Events found!