Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2010 23:00

My TV won't recognize the HDMI input from my laptop?

I had my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop (running Vista) hooked up to our Sharp Aquois TV with an HDMI cable and all was working fine. Until I accidentally changed the TV  input from HDMI to TV. Now it won't show a picture at all on the TV. I tried changing the input back, but now there is no HDMI input (on screen choices) available.  

I've tried re-booting, unplugging and replugging in the cable and nothing.  I did also try going under the Mobile PC setting and trying to "Connect Display", but it did nothing.

I need help, and I'll admit I don't know a tonne about computers, but can follow instructions relatively well.

Thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

October 23rd, 2010 07:00

Sounds like its a TV problem not a Dell problem.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 23rd, 2010 10:00

Did you try the obvious fix--changing the input on the tv to HDMI? Then make sure the display setting on the computer is External Monitor.

2 Posts

October 23rd, 2010 11:00

That's the weird thing, even though the HDMI is connected to both the TV and the Laptop, there is no input option of "HDMI" on the TV anymore.  Somehow it is not recognizing that the cable is connected.  And i don't know if that is an issue with my TV or my laptop.  Either way it's weird since it was working fine until the input got changed.

No Events found!