Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2015 04:00

Network Adapter Not found and if system is deep sleep mode is enable, please plug in the cable

Hi,

I am facing problems in my vostro 1015 laptop.

Uable to find the network adapter on device manager, when i try to install the network adapter controller in system, then i am getting pop up msg of "Network Adapter Not found and if system is deep sleep mode is enable, please plug in the cable"

i read many forun.. it related but not work..

That problems i face in recent only..

Can you please provide me details about ethernet controller

Why this issues facing ?

How to solved?

My lan is how showing in linux, windows etc

Help me if anyone no this ans..:)

2K Posts

October 4th, 2015 02:00

Hi ganeshbagde,

What is the Windows OS installed on the system? When did the issue start? Does the wireless work fine on the system?

If the network ethernet adapter is not seen in Windows or Linux - if that is what you meant, then it might possibly be an issue with the hardware.

Update the BIOS from support.dell.com - http://dell.to/1kGWIcI - enter the service tag and select drivers and downloads and run the BIOS update.

Have you made any changes in BIOS before this issue started? If yes, then restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - press f9 to load defaults and f10 to save and exit.

Restart and check in device manager - if the ethernet adapter shows up, then download the driver for your specific OS from the link above and install - restart and check.

Restart the system and keep tapping on f12 key and select diagnostics. Run the test and make a note of any errors that you might possibly encounter and reply with the error details.

If the issue is still not resolved, then the motherboard needs to be replaced. Presuming the system warranty has expired, you could send us the service tag and your contact details through a private conversation and we can provide a quote for a paid service call.

If you wish to replace the parts yourself, then contact - parts-people - see this link - http://bit.ly/1OcAFwb - the motherboard is priced at $129. My personal suggestion is that, since the system is quite old and would be incompatible with the latest technology, I would advise you to invest your money in a new system.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

October 17th, 2015 01:00

Hi Rishi,

Thank you so much you replay my question..I did all what you said.. but still is not working... also i checked with dell online hardware checking tool... no error found...means my lappy does not have any issue with hardware...

Also i install all almost all os.. wifi is working fine with all the os...

Basically i not used my lan connection from 2 year... because not required... only using the wifi...

When i face the problem with i install the linux. and trying to connect the cable...

how to find if lan card have issues...if dell support site is not recognize the issues...

Is there any otherway to find or check the lan card is working on not?

And if lan have issue then can i remove the only LAN instead the motherboard.

Thanking you

Ganesh Bagde

No Events found!