Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2011 18:00

No Dell Touchpad setting tab under Mouse option

Today, for some strange reason, I am no longer able to scroll with my touchpad.  I went to control panel>mouse, but the first tab is "buttons."  My tab for "Dell Touchpad" seems to have disappeared.  Now I cannot scroll or adjust the sensitivity of my touchpad.  It's very sad.  I loved that scroll feature so much... can anyone help?  I tried to do this: "Goto http://support.dell.com > Drivers & Downloads > Choose Model > Choose OS (XP/Vista). Look under Input Device Drivers," but nothing changed.  I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1525 and running Vista

<3 Amber

904 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 19:00

Hi Amber

Let me help you out get the scroll feature back.

We need to install Dell Touchpad and install the driver. Following is link to the driver for your system. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Dell Touchpad

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 04:00

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!  <3 it works perfectly

904 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 06:00

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!  <3 it works perfectly

You are most welcome :)

Feel free to use this community for any questions or issues you have regarding your system.

2 Posts

February 25th, 2011 04:00

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue (cannot scroll with the touch pad) on my Latitude E6400. Also, when typing, often my cursor will suddenly jump around. I looked for the settings to make the touch pad less sensitive, but cannot find any. Where will I find a download to re-install the touch pad? Thanks for your help!

904 Posts

February 25th, 2011 07:00

Hi

Here is the touchpad driver for your system.

Dell Touchpad

904 Posts

February 25th, 2011 15:00

hi CARROT_TOP

Yes, the Touchpad software needs to be reinstalled, make sure the previous one is removed first.

2 Posts

February 25th, 2011 15:00

Hello Telson,

Thanks for the quick response. I have the current driver installed; I was thinking maybe I needed to re-install software for the touch pad.

3 Posts

February 27th, 2011 20:00

Hello Telson,

I cannot use hotkey to disable or unable Touchpad. I tried to reinstall latest driver but it not works. Please help me !

904 Posts

February 28th, 2011 09:00

Hi xenlong

Which system are you using ?. The quickset application must be installed in order for that key to function, please go to support.dell.com and download the Quickset app for your system model.

3 Posts

February 28th, 2011 17:00

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5010 N and running Win 7 Home Pre. Thank you very much.

904 Posts

March 1st, 2011 18:00

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5010 N and running Win 7 Home Pre. Thank you very much.

Firstly we must remove any previous driver installations

- Go to Programs and features and remove any 'ALPS/Synaptics' Software.

- Restart the system

- Download and install this for windows 7 64bit OS

- Restart the system.

3 Posts

March 1st, 2011 20:00

Thank you very very very much, I can use hotkey now.

2 Posts

March 5th, 2011 14:00

I am having the exact same problem as decribed here by Amber in the forum:

Today, for some strange reason, I am no longer able to scroll with my touchpad.  I went to control panel>mouse, but the first tab is "buttons."  My tab for "Dell Touchpad" seems to have disappeared.  Now I cannot scroll or adjust the sensitivity of my touchpad.  It's very sad.  I loved that scroll feature so much... can anyone help?  I tried to do this: "Goto http://support.dell.com > Drivers & Downloads > Choose Model > Choose OS (XP/Vista). Look under Input Device Drivers," but nothing changed.  I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1525 and running Vista

<3 Amber

I started experiencing this however after I loaded Windows 7 onto my XPS 1530. My touchpad scroll worked perfectly prior to the switch to Windows 7 and now I can't find any tabs/settings for touchpad at all in control panel...

Can you help?

2 Posts

March 5th, 2011 14:00

<3 Amber

I am having the same exact problem with my XPS M1530 after upgrading from Vista to Windows 7. I cannot get my scroll to work again.

Can you help?

Anita

7 Posts

October 20th, 2011 01:00

I have a XPS 15 (L501x) and I'm running windows 7, 64 bit. I recently had my had my hard drive replaced and I can no longer zoom in and out using my trackpad. I thought I had the right driver downloaded and installed but I guess it was the wrong one. Can someone please point me in the right direction! thanks!

No Events found!