Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

F

2 Posts

January 8th, 2006 12:00

No Playback Device

hi
since having a virus [spy sheriff/klone] which disabled my inspiron 1000, i have re-installed windows xp. this has been successful with the exception that i have no playback device. the error code no is 28. i can't find info any where, please help!
thanks

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 9th, 2006 12:00

Code 28 says that the device drivers are not installed. If you haven't already done so, install the Notebook System Software from your download page. This has to be in before re-installing the audio driver.

> Look above in the blue bar and hoover mouse on 'Notebooks', then click on 'Inspiron' and then on 'Drivers & Downloads'.

> Enter your Service Tag number and click on the arrow next to the number. (If you don't know your Service Tag number then leave that box blank and instead select your Product model from the 2 dropdown boxes.) Click on the arrow.

> On the next page select your operating system and system language. Click 'Find downloads'.

> The next page will have a list of all of the drivers and applications that Dell has provided for the model and operating system you selected. Look under 'system and configuration utilities'.

Jim

2 Posts

January 9th, 2006 15:00

hi jim

thanks for the info, appreciate it. hope it works!

steve

No Events found!