Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2013 12:00

No windows 8 drivers to Latitude D420...

Hi my name is Filiph Sandström. a long time ago so installed i clean version off Windows 8 on my Latitude D420. and formated the hard drive. now i got i problem i cant install driver's so tme moast program wont run. is it any way to fix this WITHOUT going back to vista?

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

January 12th, 2013 19:00

Hi Filiph Sandström,

Latitude D420 is offered with Windows XP/Vista operating system and accordingly the drivers are updated on our support website. I am afraid the Windows 8 drivers are currently not available for this model.

Follow below steps to install the file in Windows 8 Compatibility mode:

Try installing the drivers in compatibel mode.Below steps would help you installing the drivers in compatible mode:

1. From the "Start" or "Apps" Screen Right click or press and hold on a single program to check it, and click/tap on Open file location.
  2. Right click or press and hold on a program's shortcut (LNK), EXE, or MSI file on your desktop or in Windows Explorer, and click/tap on Properties.
  3. Click/tap on the Compatibility tab.
  4. To Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Only your User Account, click/tap on the Run this program in compatibility mode for box to check it.
  5. Click/tap on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was written for.
  6. When finished, click/tab on OK to apply the changes.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

3 Posts

January 13th, 2013 02:00

fixed =) i hexedited the program and success... so thanks.

3 Posts

January 13th, 2013 02:00

sadly so have i alredy tested this and it only says "This computer does not meet the minimum requirments for installing the software/driver" any way to fix this? i know that i downloaded right drivers...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason why i needed windows 8 was becuse im programing app's to it =)

6 Posts

May 1st, 2013 21:00

hello, how did you fix this? thanks in advance.

No Events found!