Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

B

1 Message

January 29th, 2008 03:00

Powerfully dead.

I have an Inspiron 1300 and a couple days ago it started dying while plugged in. My computer thus died and I kind of freaked out. Yet later that night it miraculously turned back on. However, this good luck was shortlived (story of my life). The computer now seems to be dead for good. The charging light shows no signs of lighting up, the entire laptop makes no indication of stirring. Could this be a jack or a power or a battery problem? Is it gone for good? If so, is there any way to get my files off of it?

62 Posts

January 29th, 2008 09:00

My best advise on this is to remove the battery.  I don't think this battery has a built in tester but certainly take a close look and see if you see a button to push that makes lights come on.  Try the system with out a battery installed.  Additionally look at your A/C adapter.  Is there a green light on it that is off, this model may not have a light on the adapter.  If still no love, you might want to look at the on line manual located here http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1300/en/om/om_en.pdf
It's a large file so it takes some time to download. 
Go to the part of the manual labeled "Adding and Replacing Parts".  There are some nice pictures :smileyvery-happy:  What you will want to do is remove the parts one at a time, then plug back in the A/C adapter after removing each part to see if the system powers on.

Good luck!
No Events found!