Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

January 18th, 2011 16:00

Recovery Disc creation for Inspiron 1520

Hi!

I bought this used laptop and I would like to know if there is any mecanism to create the recovery Disk because I do not have them.

I know how to put the system into a recovery state (Factory defaults) but if the hard drive is damaged in some way I will lose the recovery partition.

Sorry I put this into a Hardware section, but I do not see a Software section and I thought the others do not apply.

Thanks any help!!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 18th, 2011 17:00

On older systems like this one, there is no way to create restore discs.  You can however, request them.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form

4 Posts

January 18th, 2011 19:00

Thanks!!

I think this is what I'm going to do. I was thinking to put this machine to factory default because every time I turn off or restart the computer an error appears (Saying something about a bad Image) I googled it, but only appears an error like this relate it to a dll that I do not have in my laptop.

So When I try to boot pressing F8, the menu appears, but when I hit "Repair" option the laptop just go to boot to windows.

It seems that this error is related to a Bad image of the system restore or something related to it.

No Events found!