Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

January 6th, 2009 18:00

Replacement motherboard for d610 laptop?

What is the motherboard to replace my current (broken) hardware?

The diagnosis for the broken mb came about because the computer will not charge after connected to a power supply. I think the circuit is not completing because the green light goes out on the pwr supply after being connected to computer.

Are there other details I should know about? I think this will be cheaper then buying a new computer (??). How do I know what hardware to buy?

Thanks

1.6K Posts

January 6th, 2009 19:00

http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=3201

That's the one with Intel video.  There is also one with nVidia video - that will likely be $50 or so more expensive.

3 Posts

January 13th, 2009 14:00

Hi, thanks for your first post.

If I get a new MB will I lose any software e.g. windows or any information/files?

Thanks

3 Posts

January 13th, 2009 14:00

If I get a new MB will I lose any software e.g. windows or any information/files?

Thanks

January 15th, 2009 14:00

Hi, thanks for your first post.

Thanks

No getting a new MB (motherboard) will not cause you to lose your information, you info is all stored in the HDD (hard drive) no MB. The MB is just the main frame of the computer where all processing is done. But replacing your HDD is what would cause you to lose your information and files. So your good to go in keeping all ur info and changing out ur MB. : )

No Events found!