Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2012 13:00

Requesting latest Dell Webcam Central software for Inspiron n7110 Windows 7

My update got interrupted.

When I rebooted the software was missing components so I decided to reinstall

the only software I found on dell apparently was older then the version I had partially installed so I uninstalled it and then tried again.

But it still told me I had a newer version installed!!

So I searched and finally found what seemed the latest version.

However when I install it (twice now) it completely fails to install even though it looks like it was fine.

So I am hoping to find a proper installation once and for all.

Thanks in advance

- Raan

September 10th, 2012 04:00

Hi Raan

To download the latest version of Dell Webcam Software for your Dell computer, please perform the following steps:

1. Click on the URL mentioned which will take you to Dell Support Website:

http://support.dell.com/ 

2. Click “My Account” in the upper right corner and sign in with your Dell My Account in the popup box appears on the screen
3. Under “My Software” section on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)"
4. Click the checkbox that agrees to “Terms and Conditions” of My Dell Downloads website and click “Register System” at the bottom of the page
5. At “My Download Locker” page, click the registered system that corresponds with the computer on which you are downloading “Dell Webcam Central Software”
6. Under “Title” section, look for “Dell Webcam Central Software”. There may be more than one listing for this software title.
7. Select the listing with the latest version number in “Version” column. Click the checkbox under” Download” column for this software, and at the bottom of the page click “Download now”
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
9. Once Dell Webcam Central Software is installed restart the computer.

If the account does not work, you can click on the link below to install the drivers for dell Webcam:

http://bit.ly/c8f9MD

Please follow the link below which will give you step by step information about setting up your webcam:

http://dell.to/JFHsju

You can also refer to Dell Article 266612 on www.support.dell.com

Thanks & Regards
Vishal S
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

September 10th, 2012 23:00

Thank you for your comprehensive response.

I downloaded the software from the link you provided and when I tried to install it I got the following message"

"The existing software version installed in your computer is more comprehensive than this version.  therefore, this version will not be installed."

Except that I have uninstalled the software by every means possible, even cleaning my registry afterwards and rebooting again.

What gives??  How can I correct this absurdity?

Raan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 11th, 2012 03:00

Raan,

The latest version of Dell Webcam Central can be downloaded from My Dell Downloads :: Login

Please use Internet Explorer(32-bit) when navigating to My Dell Downloads :: Login. Use the same email address and password you use here. Click on add system. Your paid programs can be found there.

***Systems purchased befor April 1, 2010 might NOT register with Dell My Downloads***

You can also try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central it may or may not work.

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

No Events found!