Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2011 17:00

Restore Dell Inspiron 1501 to factoty settings without restore disk.

Hi, I own a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista. I recently bought it from a pawn shop. I have been using it for 2-3 months now and it has been working decent. I now want to restore it directly back to it's original factory settings. I have already tried restoring it to its earliest restore point but that was created shortly before I bought it. I also do not have the restore disk. I have no idea how I should go about restoring it, how to restore it, and what I will need to install after I restore it. I would like someone to help me along the way with prior knowledge. Please and thank you.

4.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2011 18:00

You may be able to if your notebook still has Dell's PC Restore on it.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

August 19th, 2012 21:00

Ok, 

What if I have to replace the sata drive, how do I get a recovery disc????  I have vista???  It will not go on the internet or anything else.

Steve

4.4K Posts

August 20th, 2012 21:00

You are replying to a thread that is almost 2 years old.  This lessens your chance of having your question addressed.

I would suggest that you make an image of the hard drive as save the image file to an external device - hard drive, DVD or whatever you like.

The program you use should also be able to do incremental backups so that you can be ready for a disk failure.

1 Message

September 3rd, 2012 07:00

don't know if you have a disk yet but i buy mine from www.restoredisks.com/dell

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 3rd, 2012 10:00

starcar33,

If you live in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA If in another Country, contact Dell Tech Support.

Because of the age of this thread, this thread will be locked.

No Events found!