Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 29th, 2009 04:00

STUDIO 1555 CAPS and NUM LOCK

I recently got this Dell laptop (3 weeks now), and when the Laptop is powered on the CAPS Lock and NUM Lock lights do not show. Can someone share a solution for this problem?

Revor.

14.4K Posts

December 29th, 2009 15:00

I have a Studio 1555 with Win 7 that is about one month old and on mine there is no Caps Lock light. When I press the Caps Lock key A VERY SMALL WINDOW DISPLAYS MOMENTARILY in the lower right corner of the screen.  I have no Num Lock key anywhere on the keyboard.

That is pretty much the way it should be. Num lock key are not on laptops without a seperat number key pad layout. The little pop up window is exactly the same that I get. This is related to the Quickset software.

For the Original poster get QUICKSET. When downloading the file do not choose the download manager. Select the use web browser option

14.4K Posts

December 29th, 2009 04:00

When you press the caps lock key do you get an on screen pop up? Num lock is normally turned on in the bios and always on. I do not even have a num lock key on my 1640.

14 Posts

December 29th, 2009 07:00

There is no onscreen pop up Dave.

14.4K Posts

December 29th, 2009 08:00

I think you might need to reinstall Quickset what OS are you running.

14 Posts

December 29th, 2009 13:00

I am running windows 7 ultimate.

revor

11 Posts

December 29th, 2009 15:00

I have a Studio 1555 with Win 7 that is about one month old and on mine there is no Caps Lock light. When I press the Caps Lock key A VERY SMALL WINDOW DISPLAYS MOMENTARILY in the lower right corner of the screen.  I have no Num Lock key anywhere on the keyboard.

14 Posts

December 31st, 2009 07:00

Thanks for your contribution WayFayMey. I downloaded and installed the QUICKSET applet. I am now seeing the small window you referred to, being displayed momentarily. Many thanks also to everybody else for your contributions.

Revor.

No Events found!