Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2011 05:00

Screen brightness won't adjust

Hi!

I have an XPS15 with me for let's say 2 months, more or less. My issue is that my screen brightness won't budge. It's stuck on the brightest level it can go. I tried to adjust it manually with the fn+f4/f5 keys, and manually with the battery plans screen. I don't know if it's an update that went wrong but I hope someone can help me.

5.2K Posts

January 17th, 2011 11:00

Can you change it in the Power Configuration screen?

3 Posts

April 9th, 2011 13:00

I am having the same issue. I can no longer adjust the screen brightness on my XPS 1647.  I believe the problem started after installing windows 7 64bit service pack 1. The problem persists after uninstalling SP1.  

I cannot adjust via Fn UP/DOWN or via the power config screen. Nor does the display auto dim when on battery power. 

3 Posts

April 14th, 2011 12:00

any one else having the issue? 

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 15th, 2011 14:00

I suggest checking to see if you have Quickset installed on the system.  It may be downloaded from the following link.

I would also check to see in the bios if the Funtion key is enabled or the multimedia key.  Hold the up or down arrow while pressing the multimedia key and see if that helps.

TB

3 Posts

April 15th, 2011 15:00

Fn key is working fine, the transparent graphic with the sun pops up and the arrow slides back and forth, but screen brightness remains the same. 

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 18th, 2011 17:00

Where you able to bring up Quickset? Just to make sure that it is installed.   If the screen is showing at full brightness it could possibly be a problem with the inverter or LCD screen.  If this is something that has happened recently I suggest running system restore just to make sure that it isn't a Windows issue.  The following link provides instructions to run system restore.

TB

1 Message

July 13th, 2012 13:00

I have the latest Quickset installed, the thing that pops up when I change the brightness shows me what it should be, but the brightness doesn't change at all.

1 Message

June 6th, 2013 16:00

You should disable your video driver and enable it again. That should do the trick.

1 Message

January 3rd, 2014 10:00

Thanks for the assist.  Solved the issue by going in Device Manager and updating drivers for the display adapter (Intel(R) HD Graphics)

No Events found!