Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2017 11:00

Storage Space?

Apologies if this isn't in the right area.

I recently got help from a brilliant guy on this site about reinstalling Windows 10.

Prior to doing this my Laptop seemed to always lack storage space! It has storage of about 30GB which I know isn't a lot, but it seems that 26GBs has already been taken up by god knows what!

And every time I turn on the computer and use it (general browsing) the memory storage gets lower and stops apps from running!

Can anyone give a look in to why? I've used programs to locate large files but it seems I need the files that aren't huge!

Any help?

• 

17K Posts

August 8th, 2017 08:00

PaulC92,

Please provide the computer model that you are requesint information on so that we can look up troubleshooting information.

6 Posts

August 8th, 2017 10:00

Dell Inspiron 3542 running Windows 10

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 8th, 2017 11:00

These systems should be sold with a warning that they're essentially a 21st century version of a typewriter -- running Windows in 32 G requires compromise.  You can slim down the install following the information linked below, but you'll have to remain ever vigilant to keep Windows running in such a small space.  You can also connect a 64G or larger flash memory drive or card for holding your data files -- that will help as well.  Unfortunately these systems aren't otherwise upgradeable.

www.laptopmag.com/.../reclaim-disk-space-windows-10

No Events found!