Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2015 12:00

Studio 1555 keys don't work (but keyboard is OK)

I have a Studio 1555 with a keyboard problem that’s seems like others already reported, but this has a very confusing twist. The built-in KB has some keys that don’t work – in this case the cluster including the enter, Pg Dn, down/left/right arrows and the bottom row of characters. I’ve tried a number of fixes taken from these forums, including:

I’ve also run the ePSA diagnostics, which reports Error code 2000-0411 (Cables – Keyboard not detected). At this stage it would be reasonable to conclude the keyboard (or connector ribbon) is fault, but here’s the rub. I have two identical Studio 1555s, and when I switch their keyboards over I find that both KBs give the error in the bad laptop but BOTH work fine in the good laptop. So the KBs are both ‘known good’.

I’ve inspected the connector on the motherboard closely and it appears to be OK, and knowing of no further diagnostics I can run I’m stumped. Can you please help ?

Thanks in advance.

Spec is:

Studio 1555 with 512 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570 integrated on system board

Windows 7 home premium

T9900 core duo

4GB RAM

120GB Corsair Geforce GT SSD

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 29th, 2015 13:00

It's either the keyboard controller or the connector on the notebook that shows the fault that's bad -- either way, the mainboard needs to be replaced in that system.  Neither part is separately replaceable.

2 Posts

July 29th, 2015 14:00

Thanks for your swift reply. I'd kinda feared that, but at least I know for sure now.

No Events found!