Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2014 08:00

Synaptics Touchpad

Hello Everyone

I own a dell inspiron 14z ultrabook running on Windows 8.1 and for about one month now, my mouse cursor is frozen at the login screen. This problem is proving to be very annoying because it requires re-starting my laptop about 5 times before the touchpad works again. I recently discovered that the cursor functions normally when I use an external mouse so therefore, it appears to be a problem with the touchpad.

I therefore re-installed/removed/re-re-installed/ did everything possible to the touchpad drivers but still the problem is unresolved. What irks me the most is that exactly 3 months after my guaranty expired is when I have started having this annoying problem.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

10 Posts

September 25th, 2014 09:00

September 25th, 2014 13:00

Hi

Thanks in advance

September 26th, 2014 06:00

Oh! I assumed that the person asking worked for Dell! If that question was a violation of the code of conduct in the forum, how was it not flagged initially as a violation?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 26th, 2014 06:00

I assumed that the person asking worked for Dell!
* All of us Dell employees have Forum signatures that state we work for Dell. Also, our username has Dell in it.

If that question was a violation of the code of conduct in the forum, how was it not flagged initially as a violation?
* We can flag for profanity and such, but not a string of non-profane words. We do not allow your private tag to be posted to protect your privacy.

September 26th, 2014 08:00

Thanks for the clarification.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 26th, 2014 12:00

As to your laptop issue, DELL-Terry B is our Liaison for laptops other than Alienware. Please contact him via private message by clicking on his name, then click "Send a Private Message". Provide the link to this thread so he can read the issue.

No Events found!