Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 24th, 2013 23:00

Unable to connect to ZTE(ZTE MF29) wireless CPE with my Dell E6410

Hi,

I recently got ZTE (ZTE MF29) wireless LTE CPE installed at my place. I am able to connect other devices with the router but not able to connect my Dell laptop(Windwos 7 Enterprise SP1).

I tried lots of combinations but somehow nothing seems to work. I was able to connect once initially when the device was installed but during that day I did some experiments and screwed up the connectivity. I have tried all fixes that I am aware of.

Here is what I have tried on my laptop:

>I did not see my wireless router in "wireless network connections". After I disable and enable "Wireless network Connection" in "Network Connections", I am able to see my network connection again. 

>I removed the network and added it manually.

>Settings on manually adding wireless network:

>>Security type:WPA2-Personal

>>AES/TKIP(tried both)

>>unchecked connect automatically

Got the prompt "Successfully added   "

Tried to connect error "Windows was unable to connect to "

>Broadcast SSID

>Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal)

>Password at least 13 characters long.

>WPS disabled

>Firewall disabled

>Channel BW 20

>Network mode 11 b/g/n mixed mode.

Please advise

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 24th, 2013 23:00

v17,

Some wireless devices do not like WPA2 security, some don't like WPA-AES Security.

Try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Virus programs and firewalls will also block communications.

Rick

2 Posts

March 27th, 2013 20:00

Thanks Rick,

Your advise worked. When I look at CPE settings it mentions "WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK" security mode.

On my laptop, office wireless security is set to WPA2-Enterprise. So I configured WPA2-Personal on my laptop. But after your suggestion I changed it to WPA-Personal and the signal icon came up. Thanks again.

I guess the problem is with ZTE(CPE) router. It is using WPA security but it gives option for WPA2 as well. Please suggest

No Events found!