Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2016 09:00

Video driver Inspiron 14R N4110

Hi,

i lost my HD and had to make a clean install of windows 7.

Unfortunatly, the AMD VIDEO driver does not install correctly. The ALERT remains even tought installed various versions of the driver.

I'd like to know how to solve this problem and what exactly driver do i have to install. 

Is the problem with this driver or another peripheral that is doing the video AMD stop?

2K Posts

March 13th, 2016 12:00

Hi LHCAO,

Update the BIOS from - http://dell.to/WXs3TH

Also, download both Intel and AMD drivers for your OS from the same site. Install the Intel drivers first, restart the system and then install the AMD drivers. 

If the issue is not resolved, then send us the screenshot of the device manager with display adapters extended and also send us the event logs of the AMD driver installation for review and we can advise further course of action.

Keep us updated.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 13th, 2016 14:00

First -- does the system show an Intel video chip?  If it does, the system is Intel -- not AMD.  The AMD GPU was optional on this model -- most have Intel-only video.

If it DOES show an AMD GPU, you will need to install the Intel chipset driver AND the Microsoft dot.net framework (4.5 for the current driver).  The dot.net framework does not install by default with Windows.

See here:

< >

This is not a hybrid system as is now common - it has either Intel or AMD video -- not both.

No Events found!