Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 20th, 2011 21:00

Vostro 3550 Backlit Keyboard "Always On" option

How do you keep your backlit keyboard always lit on a Vostro 3550? The Fn+F6 key only cycles between off, dim and bright options but the dim and bright options both go dark after about 2 minutes when you need to see the keys the most. Not a very bright engineering decision.

I use a USB mouse and not the touchpad. If you constantly use a touchpad this doesn't become a problem.

I searched this forum and the wider internet but can't find anything related to this issue - hopefully I can find help here.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 21st, 2011 02:00

szlachta,

Start, control panel, Windows Mobility Center. Click on the blue square next to keyboard brightness on. You should then see...

Change the settings to your needs. Save and exit.

Rick

2 Posts

July 21st, 2011 03:00

Awesome. Looks to have worked perfectly, thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 21st, 2011 11:00

szlachta,

Gald you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Hopefully your computer will keep the settings. I have a Dell XPS L501x and when on battery, if I shutdown or allow the computer to sleep, it defaults back to 1 minute. Still waiting for a new release to fix the settings.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

November 6th, 2011 07:00

Hi i have tried to do as you suggested and for some reason my notebook won't show keyboard brightness options.I have a Vostro 3550 and it's on the features.

Any help, Thanks.

3 Posts

February 6th, 2012 20:00

Thank you for the information, this worked for me on the XPS 15.  Was driving me nuts!  :emotion-21:

1 Message

October 22nd, 2012 17:00

Hi,

I have backlit keyboard as standard on my E6420 Latitude. However, Windows Mobility Center doesn't show an option for keyboard dacklight. Can you please help

Thanks

Alok

February 24th, 2016 10:00

Hi

On my Dell Vostro Windows Mobility Centre there is no keyboard backlight option showing!

I wish to lemgthen the time the light stays on

Can you help?

No Events found!