Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2013 18:00

Vostro 3700 laptop

Hi

Well where do i start purchased this laptop on 16/09/2010 and from the start have had nothing but problems, the unit firstly arrived dead so had to wait another week for a replacement, replacement came would not work properly as the keyboard kept malfunctioning, so i think it was three keyboards later, and technicians not turning up at all no phone calls nothing, eventually keyboard fixed, then speakers started to malfunction, same thing with techs eventually got fixed, then the blue tooth would not work still doesn't properly only on certain things they could not resolve it so i gave up trying to contact them, they get you too a stage where you get fed up with contacting them as it is too much trouble and takes too much time. Then the harddrive had to be replaced and for all the trouble they gave me an extra two gb ram but did not tell me that i would have to take that out to take the laptop to its maximum 8gbram.

I now have been having more problems overheating fan doing weird things  key malfunctioning again so i asked if when they where doing these items if they could put in 2gb ram to bring it to its maximum of 8gb ram and i asked also for a quote for same, they said that they could only put in the 4gbram not two as that is the only way it can be done.

I asked them being dell tech why i wasn't informed of this when they put the 2gbram into my laptop and told them that i should only be paying for  2gbram then i was told that quote they do not do free installs and do not provide free upgrades, i am a carer/pensioner of two disabled people and was upset that they had accused me of such a thing all i asked was that i should only be paying for 2gbram because they didn't tell me of the requirement of 4gbram to bring the laptop up to maximum if they had i would have obviously gone with the 4gbram placement.

I can go on and on about what they did and didnt do and to this day i still have a faulty machine and there email replies are still rude and unapologetic.

Soraya

No Responses!
No Events found!