Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2011 18:00

Web Cam not working - Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110)

Hi 

i have a Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) laptop and it having 1.0MP Integrated 1280x720 native HD Webcam.

suddenly my web cam not working. i have re installed dell web cam  central also. still its not working and also i am not found any imaging device in device manager. when i run dell webcam central, it says "No supported webcam connected" on the lower left corner

Pls any one can tell me what is problem and where can i download the drive for this web cam.

Thanks in Advance

3.8K Posts

December 7th, 2011 23:00

Hi Rameshmca12,

Welcome to the Community. You can use the below thread by Rick to troubleshoot webcam issues. But if there is no Imaging device in device manager, then the webcam is not getting detected, hence you will need to contact Dell Technical support in your region.

en.community.dell.com/.../19403701.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

1 Message

December 13th, 2011 21:00

hi Royan ..i have the same issue with my dell inspiron17R.but i can see the webcam under imaging device.Also my webcam blinks .i.e it throws out light during which the message ;please plugin in a supported device dont appear next moment when the light goes off the message appears .integrated webcam/no supported webcam appears alternatively in the left corner.i tried all the options under the above link still not working

2 Posts

July 8th, 2012 06:00

same problem with me.. have you got any solution?

96 Posts

try pinching the cover next to the camera when you are trying to use it.....sounds like a bad connection. On some of these models dells webcam is the weak link.

2 Posts

same problem with me ... have u got any solution for this?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 8th, 2012 08:00

xefankhan,

Please read and answer the questions that I asked, below.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

2 Posts

May 11th, 2013 06:00

m

2 Posts

May 11th, 2013 06:00

hi!

Download the driver R160323 driver from Dell drivers and download .Run it .You must have Adobe flash player also Then you can use any webcam software.

thank you.

Date-11/05/2013

No Events found!