Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2013 07:00

Webcam

I have an Inspiron 1525 and the webcam has stopped working.  My Service Tag has expired so been going around in circles trying to get any help from Dell.  I don't even have an Imaging Device visible on my Device Manager.

Anyone any suggestions please

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 7th, 2013 07:00

Hi Simpsonal,

Follow below steps to isolate the issue:

Uninstall / Reinstall the webcam Central.

To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
  4. Click Programs and Features.
  5. Click Dell Webcam Central.
  6. Click Uninstall.
  7. Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.

Once uninstalled restart the computer and install the webcam central from below link:

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

From the above link under component select camera and click on Run diagnostics.

If the issue persists, I recommend to run diagnostics on the computer.

http://dell.to/U4rPVx

Please reply for any further queries.

4 Posts

February 8th, 2013 08:00

Hi

From the link I couldn't find 'component' to select camera and run diagnostics.  any further advice pl

4 Posts

February 8th, 2013 10:00

Hi

Schoolboy error selected camera under component ran diagnostics but resulted in error message possibly as the camera couldn't be found???

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 11th, 2013 10:00

Hi Simpsonal,

Kindly private message me the service tag. I will review your account and take the case forward.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

4 Posts

February 13th, 2013 03:00

Hi

Unfortunately there were no "Requests to Review" so couldn't add as a friend.

I am aware that my Service tag has expired hence been unable to get any direct response from Dell, but I would have thought they're might be a solution to being unable to get the webcam to work as it seems to be a fairly common problem.

Regards

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 13th, 2013 07:00

Hi Simpsonal,

We need to replace the webcam on the computer.

As you said that the computer is out of warranty, I recommend contacting expired warranty services for the part replacement.

Below link would help you contact expired warranty services for service (US based customers):

http://dell.to/4LOBWi

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!