Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2012 18:00

What HAPPENED Dell??

I have always been a strong supporter of Dell - my first computer experience was through Dell - and because other great experiences followed I never even considered looking at competitor products...until now. I recently purchased a student-desktop-bundle from Dell for a family member's Birthday - they were turning 30 and were also graduating - so it was a pretty big deal! I felt like a computer bundle would be the optimal surprise - and without any other consideration I went to Dell's website to see what they were offering. This is where the trouble started...

First, I tried contacting sales via the internet chat window....and it wouldn't work. I went on multiple browsers, but regardless of which I was using, it kept logging me off! After about 5 frustrating attempts I decided to call the sales department. I got a hold of what seemed like a helpful representative (Jared Jistel) who asked me what I was looking for and got my order worked out according to my needs. I explained that this computer was a surprise gift and that I didn't want it shipped to my home - that I would go pick it up from the postal provider. He told me he wasn't sure who the provider was, but when I got my tracking number e-mailed to me - I could just call the provider and they would hold it there at their location...he said he would put a note in my order instructing them to do so. 

This is when the trouble continued. I received my tracking number, and the ship time was 2-3 days. I contacted the postal provider as instructed only to be told that per the note in my order, they HAD to attempt delivery at least once before they could hold at my location unless I could get the ship-to address changed on my order. I attempted contacting Jared Jistel several times through e-mail and phone...only to get NO response (so much for his assurances that he was available to help me and to make sure this whole process went smoothly). To make a semi-long story shorter, I wasn't able to get my addressed changed in my order and the shipment was sent to my house COMPLETELY ruining the surprise that I had planned so carefully for. ='(

Unfortunately, the problems didn't stop there. Once we got the computer all set up, we found that it wasn't connecting to the internet. So I had to call tech support only to find out that Mr. Jistel didn't include an internal internet card with my order. Now, I understand that as a customer I'm supposed to review my order and the liability really falls on my shoulders for anything missing - but I'm not that informed of everything that needs to come with a computer for it to work properly - that's why I ordered it through a SALES REPRESENTATIVE. I had explained the type of internet I had..and I was assured that this computer would work with wireless internet no problem! The manager in Tech Support was very gracious and overnighted me an external USB internet connection thingie....and I figured this issues were over. 

Nope. Now, several weeks since I've placed my order have passed...and I'm wondering where my $200 gift card is...the one that was supposed to come with my student-bundle. I call Dell only to have them explain that since I don't have an "edu" e-mail address, I am unable to receive my card!!! I am a Devry student...we don't HAVE school e-mail addresses - not to mention that I got the access code from my school to make the purchase in the first place, I provided Jared with my student ID as verification, AND he had assured me that I qualified and would be just fine!! Now...officially...my ENTIRE experience with this order.....this stupid Birthday "surprise"....has crashed and burned.

Dell....what HAPPENED to you?? 

~A VERY Disappointed, EX-Loyal Consumer

No Responses!
No Events found!