Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 15th, 2012 07:00

Win7 installed on brand new 3350 does not recognize any hardware device

I have bought a brand new Vostro3350 with no preinstalled OS. I then installed windows 7 (ultimate edition) from an official installation DVD. The installation process went smoothly and no error was reported. 

However, when the installation completed I discovered that none of the following hardware devices is recognized: network (wired and wireless), webcam, USB ports etc

I realize that I may need to install drivers, but I cannot do it without the ability to connect a USB stick or without the ability to connect to the network. 

Does anyone have any idea?

dear ejn63 thank you for the fast reply

I realize that several I need to install drivers. I have even downloaded some to a USB stick, but inserting it into the laptop had no effect - the computer didn't see it.

I then burned the drivers on a CD and executed them, but there was no effect either. Maybe I downloaded the wrong files. Can you please be more specific about the exact files that need to be downloaded?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 15th, 2012 08:00

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The USB 2.0 ports should be recognized -- the 3.0 won't be.  You need to install the chipset driver, Dell notebook system software, and then all the others - do those two plus the network driver, and you should then be able to get online to install the rest.

May 15th, 2012 08:00

thank you. this worked

No Events found!