Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

June 19th, 2017 20:00

Windows 10 image file is corrupt

I've been trying for 3 days to download the  Windows 10 iso file from the Support page.  When I try to run the program to make a bootable usb I get a message that the file is corrupt.  I need to do a clean install, although every test I've run says that everything is fine, my computer is still running like ***, Chrome won't load, and Office 16 has started having pop-up windows.  If I can't get a clean copy, then I'll buy a new copy of Win 10 and start over from scratch, but it would be really nice to have DELL original.

I have an Inspiron 7558

Thanks to anyone who can help me,

Aaron

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 20th, 2017 06:00

"If I can't get a clean copy, then I'll buy a new copy of Win 10 "

:emotion-2:

If the system has a valid license for windows 10 then you don't need to purchase a new one. You could do a clean install by downloading window 10 onto a flash drive from the Microsoft website. Keep in mind, the product key is already embedded in the BIOS. Please click on link below.

Download Windows 10 - microsoft.com

How-To Guide - Windows 10 - Clean Install - USB Thumb ...

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 20th, 2017 08:00

You can also run an in-place repair.

www.tenforums.com/.../16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Given the age of this system, if the hard drive has never been replaced, you may also want to run an extended hard drive diagnostic before proceeding - you may well be seeing symptoms of a hard drive that's failing.  F12 at powerup to get to the diagnostics.

No Events found!