Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2016 14:00

XPS 13 Wigig Card and Dell Wireless Docking Station WLD15

hi,

i have recently purchased an xps 13  intel i7 16gb ram, i am very happy with my purchase (i just have some small problems with the video, and freezing, but updating the drivers do the work)

on my excitement, i buy a docking station wld15 and a S2415H monitor.

my service tag is: CB3C662

the docking station just arrived and i unpacked it as fast as i can, just to figure out that i cant use it because my xps does not have a wigig card. (or at least thats what i think, i download the wigig driver and i got a message: no wigig interface found)

so now i a little upset and confused on what is the best way to solve this, so if someone can advise me on this matter i would be eternally grateful.

a. is there a way to use the docking station via cable, o do i have to buy a wigig card for my xps 13?

b. if i have to buy a new wigig card, what is the correct model for my laptop?

c. the docking station has three ports for video 

13. mini Display Port 14. HDMI Port 15. VGA Port

the monitor i bought has hdmi and vga port

what is the best option of cable to buy to connect the monitor? ( i had bought a display port to dvi, just to found it does not suit neither the docking station nor the monitor.)

well, i am very happy with my equimpent, but now i feel dissapointed, cause xps 13 is published with the wld docking station, then xps should have the wigig card on a regular basis.

thank you in advance.

3 Posts

hi,

well, i dont now if i miss-buy the model, in the page for xps:

http://www.dell.com/mx/empresas/p/xps-13-9350-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC

at the bottom appears a docking station just te same as wld, i dont now if its different or its not available yet, but as far as i remember, i bought the docking station from the webpage and from the xps accesories.

any suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

The only docking station that I see for the XPS 13 is the Dell D3100.

The list of compatible laptops for the WLD15 is listed at http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/04/SLN297279/EN

They are all Latitudes

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2016 15:00

No, that is different. It is a TB15.

3 Posts

January 24th, 2016 18:00

well,

that means i screw it up big...

well, ill ask a dell representative for help on selling the correct docking station

thanks for your advice.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 24th, 2016 19:00

well,

that means i screw it up big...

well, ill ask a dell representative for help on selling the correct docking station

thanks for your advice.

That is a good idea.

I hope you get the laptop that will do what you wan.

No Events found!