Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2010 10:00

XPS 1330 AC adapter will not charge anymore

Hello,

I'm a Swiss student currently doing my master thesis in the US and I brought my DELL laptop (XPS 1330) with me. Sadly, the AC adapter started malfunctionning a few weeks ago: it seemed to be a bad contact inside the adapter, because moving it a little bit would turn off and on the green light and disconnect/connect the power. However, a few days ago, the AC adapter just stopped working. Now if I plug it into the power socket, I just have a strange beeping inside the AC adapter and the green light won't turn on again. Therefore I cannot charge my laptop battery anymore, which is kinda annoying...

If I were in Switzerland, I would simply have bought a new AC adapter on DELL website, but I'm in the US and have no postal address for shipping at the moment. Therefore, do you have any suggestion to either fix the AC adapter (by opening it maybe?) or find a new one in San Francisco (are there any DELL resellers?? or technicians who could have a spare AC adapter?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 22nd, 2010 10:00

You should be able to buy a Dell adapter at a store that sells Dell systems - Staples and Best Buy among them -- perhaps even Wal-mart.

No Events found!