Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2012 03:00

XPS 15 l502x crashing in all game and dell still can not fix it.

Firstly, i am from Hong Kong. I bought XPS l502x last two year in Hong Kong. When i play all the games with using GT540M, my xps15 will crash and  the system will freeze for a second the sound then i can not close the software and the window. The only way is hold the power button the shut down my XPS15. My problem same as this problem that posted by Phi11ips on08-15-2012 2:37 AM  http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/xps/f/3681/p/19461796/20163361.aspx#20163361

and tacoslammer answered that the only solution is change another motherboard. Yes, Dell did. Dell come to my home and recived my XPS15 3 times and change the MTboard 3 times. But the problem still exist. also i upgrade the nvidia to the lasted version.

Please Help!!!!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

September 25th, 2012 16:00

Minoron21hk

Although I have little authority in your location I can reach out to associates that may be able to help.  If you would like for me to do so please shoot me a private message.  Just click on the link in my signature and then click start conversation.  In your note please include the service tag of your notebook, your address, phone number and email address and I will be happy to research what can be done.

TB

2 Posts

September 27th, 2012 06:00

I'm facing the same issue. The problem is with the heating when the GPU starts up. Try to use some cooling pad or use the laptop in cool conditions.

October 5th, 2012 11:00

I have the same problem all i can find is that to get dell to replace the MTboard. i tried downloading the latest version of nidvia ect but from 1-60 minutes of playing a game. I didnt notice how bad it was till last couple months even though iv had the computer for a year and a half, im out of warranty and supposedly this was a manufactures fault so i think they should fix it or replace it for us.  

2 Posts

October 5th, 2012 14:00

True! Its a manufacturing defect. If they had done some good testing of the XPS first these issues shouldn't had occurred. I don't think Dell is good at service. My web cam is not working now. I tried to contact the customer care and they were not able to resolve. I've another laptop of HP and they happily resolve whatever issue there is.

October 6th, 2012 09:00

Fix my computer!

53 Posts

December 8th, 2012 14:00

My webcam is also not working ^^.

No Events found!