Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

22 Posts

August 14th, 2008 21:00

XPS M1530 Sim Card slot

i was just kinda played around with my xps the other day and decided to take out the battery and see if anything is going on. it turns out that there is a slot for a sim card behind the battery.  i wasn't sure if it was at first, but then i googled it and came across this

"Alike other XPS notebooks, also the XPS M1530 provides an optional UMTS module. The slot for the particular, service provider dependent SIM card is located in the notebook's battery slot."

sounds intriguing

22 Posts

August 14th, 2008 22:00

how would i use the sim card slot with verizon?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

You don't.  In the US, SIM cards are used in conjunction with WWAN cards from AT&T and T-mobile.  Verizon and Sprint are CDMA, not GSM-GPRS, and do not use SIM.

239 Posts

sim card is for some broadband access accounts, like verizon, att.  otherwise it is not used.

1.8K Posts

October 17th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

To know more about your computer, you can check the link: http://dell.to/OHxUWR . It has detailed information about all the hardware components and features for your computer.

October 17th, 2012 06:00

steveo17 I was also triyn to check how My battery looks like, but huwaaaaa I am amazed after watchin simcard logo behind the battery , then I removed the cover which was located @ sim logo & I found it is nothing else then a slot to insert sim card, So I inserted........ & Rightnow I am googling abt what else my lappie's (Dell XPS M1530) features are....... tell me if U know some......................

October 29th, 2012 16:00

thx  DELL-Chinmay S I checked documentation but there is no such stuff where I can check How do I use the sim card slot situated behind the battery & it is only visible when you remove battery.

1.8K Posts

October 31st, 2012 13:00

Hi,

The Sim card slot is beneath the battery and can only be seen once the battery is removed. 

You can follow the steps below to install the 'Sim Card' on your computer: 

• Disconnect and external peripherals and cables.
  • Remove the battery of your computer.

• Push in on the SIM card to release it.

• Pull the SIM card out of the SIM card slot.

• Remove the SIM card.

For more information, you can also check link: http://dell.to/VaFH2n

Please reply in case you have further questions.
No Events found!