Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2009 15:00

XPS M1530 Touchpad Button Broken

I have been the owner of a Dell XPS M1530 for a year and a couple months and have a 4 year warranty on it. Recently the left mouse button that goes with the touchpad has started getting stuck inside the laptop when I click it. Does Dell need to send someone out here to fix it or how would I get this issue fixed?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2009 15:00

If you have onsite service, they'll dispatch a technician with the part (palmrest).  If you have return for repair, they'll send you a shipping box and you send the system in it, and have it returned in 7-10 days.

December 3rd, 2009 19:00

If you have onsite service, they'll dispatch a technician with the part (palmrest).  If you have return for repair, they'll send you a shipping box and you send the system in it, and have it returned in 7-10 days.

I don't know which of the two services I have so I asked my dad and he believes we got onsite service when we ordered the laptop. In order to get a technician out here I assume I need to call some technical support number, would you be able to provide me with a number to call? I tried going into the Dell Support but when I enter my service tag the telephone number that comes up is for large business & enterprise customers (I assume because we ordered it through my dad's employee purchase program) and the people at the number haven't helped me.

No Events found!