Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2008 12:00

XPS m1730 Battery Problem

I purchased a XPS m1730 about 3 weeks ago.  After the second day of using the computer I started having problems with the battery.  I can run the laptop on AC power without any trouble, but when running on battery power the laptop will shut down without any warning anywhere within 5-30 mins.  The battery is not dead because when I turn the laptop back on the battery meter is around 85-95% full.  Any setting that I run the battery on, weather it be power saver or high performance it will shutdown.  The laptop is not overheated or hot at all.  When I use the battery, I use it right away when I first turn on my computer for the first time that day.  Whats going on here?
Message Edited by bcoelke on 04-22-2008 12:20 PM

101 Posts

April 22nd, 2008 17:00

You say..."When I use the battery, I use it right away when I first turn on my computer for the first time that day."

When you do the above, does it also shut down as you described (5 - 30 mins)?

Are there any times when M1730 is on battery that it will NOT shut down?

Are you ever able to get full usage of the available Battery Power without a unexpected and premature shutdown ?

RM

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2008 18:00

Yes it shuts down within 5-30 mins.  The only time that the battery has ever used its full life is the day that I got the laptop which was just over 3 weeks ago.  So no I have not been able to use the full battery ever since the first day...Also to comment on when I start up i no longer us battery...i only use battery when needed.

101 Posts

April 22nd, 2008 23:00

It is time to call Technical Support and ask that the battery be replaced.

RM

1 Message

February 25th, 2009 14:00

I also recently purchased an XPS m1730 and the battery runs down very quickly . . . I have been on the phone w/Technical Support and they sent me a new battery which did not resolve my issue. Did you even get yours resolved or anyone out there having the same issue with the life a their battery. Purpose of getting a laptop is to be more mobile, if we need AC whereever we go then it defeats the purpose of the laptop. Any battery feedback from those of you who own an XPS m1730?

No Events found!